In my previous post “I’m in remission!!!!!” I have mentioned that I am currently following the Autoimmune Protocol Diet and I promised you an updated what I eat in a day (the previous one can be found here). When I promise something I deliver, therefore, enjoy 🙂
First some basic rules of the diet:
1. I eat four meals a day
2. Two of the meals (breakfast and lunch) contain protein and vegetables
3. For my midday snack I eat some fruit (a banana, a pear) with some cashew nuts or almonds
4. Dinner is my favourite – it is a vegetable cream soup with sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
5. During this diet you cannot eat any grains, gluten or dairy.
6. And, of course, my most mentioned rule – drink pleanty of water during the day 🙂 (I wouldn’t be myself without writing that)
Sounds strict and complicated but it is not. And, what is most important you do not feel hungry 🙂
Now, I believe it is time for some examples with pictures 🙂
As mentioned before, breakfast must contain protein and some vegetables. I have two types of breakfast that I like.
Spinach, egg omlette with some pickles
Grilled chicken breast with iceberg lettuce, pickles, avocado and olive oil.
Banana and some nuts 🙂
Roasted cod (seasoned with parsley and lemon) with broccoli
Grilled chicken breast with broccoli and cooked cabbage
Beetroot cream soup with sunflower seeds
Broccoli soup with coconut milk and sunflower seeds.
I know what you might think. Why, is she eating broccoli all the time? It’s not obligatory to eat it in every dish. I just love this vegetable and it fits in my every protein meal. It can be replaced by any vegertable (courgette, cauliflower, cucumbers) but I like broccoli the most.
So, I hope that I have given you a glance in my daily eating